Hello lovely readers!
So today I figured I’d let you in on a little confession I need to share.
I feel that if I didn’t share, I’d be hiding the truth from you all ! But…. I may or may not be vegetarian anymore…. eeeeeeek.
Sorry to the veggie lovers out there.
But, here me out! I maintain a 90% vegetarian diet, however sometimes I really want Tuna or scrambled eggs, and honestly turkey bacon. Is this bad? I decided that I’m going to obviously maintain clean eating habits and if I feel like eating meat, then I will. It’s really not an everyday occurance, but last weekend when I went to visit my friend Courtney at Plymouth State, I may or may not of had drunken buffalo chicken pizza…and fell back in love. 😉
With that being said… here was my lunch today.
Tuna melt with turkey bacon, tomatoes, onions and spinach on a wheat wrap and then grilled on my george foreman grill. With a Pomegranate Chobani on the side with Chia seeds and by then I was too full for the naner.
I made the Tuna with Veganaise, does that count? 😀 This sandwich was definitely the greatest tasting sandwich ever. I was talking about it for hours with my brothers girlfriend who also had it and loved it too!
Anyways, I think if I love the taste of something so much, I shouldn’t avoid it forever right? Life’s too short. I think I’ll eat what I want. Boom.
After lunch, I did a lot of school things, mostly organizing. Once I got a new laptop, I haven’t been able to hook my printer back up but today I got it done. Horray!
I decided to not be a procrastinator and keep up with my organization in school which always helps me to do better in the long run.
Plus, since I procrastinated with buying school supplies, look at the cool folders I ended up with…
Maybe having boy folders aren’t so bad… I think they’re pretty cool 😉
So some of you may or may not know this, but grocery shopping is one of my
favorite things to do. Is that weird? I bet most of you are probably thinking,
“That’s not weird at all”, but I’m sure the average person doesn’t like to do it. 😉
But this made me think of why I like grocery shopping so much? And what
foods do I like to buy?
The things that I buy at the store are definitely my clean food staples
that I always have and if I don’t, a trip to the grocery store is a must! (These are just to name a few, not counting all the produce I usually get!) And I figured I’d share them with you
- Apples– (Pink Lady) These are my favorite snacks and so easy to pack
- Spinach-Always. Sometimes 2 bags at a time! I always need it for salads, smoothies and sandwich toppings. Spinach is so versatile.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette– Favorite salad dressing
- Chobani– I didn’t like them at first, but I’ve grown to love them and it’s one of my favorite snacks
- Dark Chocolate Chips– A handful of this after dinner satisfys my chocolate craving.
- Raw Almonds– So good as a snack by itself or on a salad
- Ezekiel Bread– I love this bread
- Teddie’s Peanut Butter– Does this need an explanation?
- Plain Rice Cakes– Delicious snack with PB on top
- Quinoa– I fell in love with this when I was vegetarian
- Egg Whites– One of my favorite meals
- Oatmeal– I love how oatmeal keeps me full
- Fuze– My favorite flavored water
- Kidz Cliff Bars– One of my favorite snacks!
I could actually go on forever, until I have an entire grocery list. I also realized that the food I buy kind of depends on what grocery store I go to.
One of my favorite grocery stores is Whole Foods, but it’s really expensive. I usually choose Hannaford’s. I love it there 🙂
This list is a lot different than the staples I had when I was young such as hot dogs, dunkaroos, and mac n’cheese 😀
Are you a vegetarian or meat-lovah? Why?
Are you an organized or disorganized person?
What are your grocery food staples now and when you were a child?
Hope you all had a great weekend 🙂 See ya!