I didn’t do much since the last time I posted.
I went to the gym & hit the cardio hard today. It was a good workout, but honestly it was difficult to drag myself from the weights and focus more on cardio, but I guess that’s what I need to do if I want to lean out! 😉
When I got home from the gym, I literally spent 4 1/2 hours in my kitchen. Not cooking, or baking, or even eating, but cleaning. 😦 It wasn’t something I wanted to do, but I had to do it. My parents have been nice enough to help me out financially with things such as my roadtrip, and since I’m pretty broke lately, cleaning is one way to pay them back!
So after a much needed shower & a bit of relaxing, I was in the mood to bake. So I headed over to Katie’s blog to look for a yummy chocolatey dessert! And chocolate chip cookies sounded perfect.
This recipe was inspired by Katie, but I made some changes!
(makes 9-15 cookies)
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda (not baking powder)
- 2T to 1/3 cup chocolate chips, depending on your preference
- 3T brown sugar (do not omit or sub with white) (20g)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1T vegetable oil (or pre-melted margarine) I used 1T Smart Balance Butter
- 1 Egglands Best egg
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix your dry ingredients, then add in wet. Bake 6-8 minutes. 🙂
So good! 🙂 Now I’m off to watch the Bruins, and they better kick some Canadian Ass! Lataaa!