First, I need to update you all
So in the past week you haven’t missed much, but here’s what you did miss:
I renewed my gym membership to a gym thats exactly 2.5 miles away from my house ( I measured the distance because one day I rode my bike to and from the gym) 😉 And I am SO excited about this. Home workouts were just becoming tedious and just boring for me. Plus, I really missed the gym atmosphere. I’ve been going everyday and having awesome workouts too.
When I go to the gym this is what I have been doing:
- Plyometrics for a warm up- usually including squat jumps, burpees, jumping jacks, and mountain climbers.
- Then, depending on the day I’ll move into a strength training routine. For example, today I did my entire lower body. Yesterday I did chest and tri’s and the day before that I did back and bi’s and the day before that I did shoulders, calfs and abs. 😉 Phewww! My strength training usually lasts for about 30-45 minutes. Depending on what exercises I am doing, and how long I am resting in between each set. But I try not to rest for more than 30 seconds.
- Then I move on to cardio. I used to have this obsession with avoiding cardio machines at all costs. However, I do have a race coming up in just 1 month so I had to kind of kick my ass in gear 😀
- So for cardio this is what I’ve been doing: My cardio only lasts for 30-35 minutes. I don’t really like running on treadmills, but I’ve been doing it. Today for example, I started off by walking at a speed 3.4 and incline of 12.0. Hard! The incline is tough but awesome. I did this for 20 minutes and then cooled down. Then I put the treadmill on 5.0 incline and 5.0 speed. I ran this for 5 minutes and then changed to intervals. For 30 seconds I put the speed to 7.0 then back to 5.0. I did this 3 times. And then I cooled down. So far I feel this has been very effective and I will admit that I am actually happy about the cardio addition into my workout! 😉
Since I am going on a roadtrip, down south, where there are beaches, in less than a month, my food has been pretty boring lately! I’ve been eating a ton of eggwhites, spinach, ezekiel bread, chicken, peanut butter, turkey, and my shakeology. Oh, and of course fruits and veggies 😉
And, I have some cool news to share with you all! I collect oxygen magazines and in the latest issue they had a page dedicated to Kiwi. Honestly, I never knew Kiwi was so good for you. They say it’s actually one of the best “super fruits”. It can make a difference in you losing weight too, especially if you eat a Kiwi before or after your workouts! Plus, Kiwi is so inexpensive, it’s only about $1 for 2 Kiwi’s. And, I’m a broke college student so, perfectt! 🙂 I suggest adding Kiwi to your diet! Oh, and yes you absolutely can eat Kiwi with the skin on it. Don’t let the fur freak you out 😉 All the essential nutrients are right beneath the skin, so if you cut the skin off you might be skipping out on good stuff!
Like any college student will tell you, school has been wicked stressful lately. Finals are coming up so quick and I have 5 of them, yes 5. For finals I have: Phonetics, Speech & Hearing Science, Spanish 2, Communication Disorders, and Communication Skills. Woooo. But, I got to pick me schedule recently and I am so excited!
This fall I will be a college Senior. Uhm, excuse me, what? I can’t believe it. It went by so fast. I am so excited though because I got all of the classes I want! Even clinical so that’s good 🙂
But, getting closer to graduating means getting closer to taking the GRE’s and applying to grad school. Has anyone taken the GRE’s and have any advice?
Since I am almost done with my undergrad, I have become kind of obsessed with looking at grad schools. I am also dying to get out of Massachusetts and see what else there is out there. Plus, on my roadtrip I am going to be looking at schools on the way down to Florida. Anyone have any suggestions for grad schools that I should see along the east coast? 😉 Some schools that I have in mind are:
- Towson University (Maryland)
- James Madison(Virginia)
- East Carolina(NC)
- University of Florida
- UCF(Orlando,FL). <— My top choice school 😉
Those are just a few schools I am considering! I’m also looking into University of Colorado-Boulder, Penn State, UMASS, University of Arizona, URI, and of course Boston schools: BU, Northeastern, & Emerson. But commuting to Boston sounds like too much of a pain in my ass! 😀
More 21st Birthday Recap:
Hey Everyone, Look who’s 21 ! 😉
So I didn’t get to finish telling/showing you all more from my 21st birthday! That whole weeks consisted of partying/not eating well. 😦 So I’m glad to say I kicked that really quick and now I’m back into my routine, but I still had a ton of fun!
Here’s a recap:
Wednesday the 13th, I went to a bar with one of my good friends, Amanda. It’s right by our school so it was basically all BSU students.
Overall, I had such a blast with Amanda! 🙂
Thursday the 14th, I took it easy and relaxed 🙂
Friday the 15th, I went to Kings in Dedham with some friends!
It was such a fun night! If anyone is ever in the Boston area, you should definitely check out this place! It’s located in Dedham, at the legacy place right next to Fox 25 news! 🙂
Saturday April 16th
I went to Lowell to visit all of my old friends! For anyone new to my blog, I used to go to UML but transferred. So it was a perfect way to end my birthday by going to see my old friends!
My friends Jackie and Ally got me this pretty birthday shot glass! But, I didn’t even get to use it. I know, I suck.
Isn’t this picture so funny with Hollie and Ally’s eyes closed? 😉