Hey everyone 🙂 It’s spring break for this college gal 😉 except, in Massachusetts, it doesn’t really feel like spring at all I have been running outside, but since New England weather enjoys to fluctuate too much, I don’t run as often as I want to be.
So today I did a kettlebell workout in my living room 🙂 It looked like this:
- Jog in place – 30 seconds
- Jumping jacks- 30 seconds
- Heisman- 30 seconds
- 1-2-3 Heisman- 30 seconds
- High Knees- 30 seconds
- Butt Kicks- 30 seconds
- 1 minute rest and repeat warm up
Kettlebell (25 lbs):
- Cleans – 10 on each side
- 5 burpees
- Cleans with squat and overhead military press – 10 on each side
- 10 burpees
- One handed swings – 10 on each side
- 10 Burpees
- Sumo Squat – 20
- Plank – 30 seconds
- Swings (both arms) – 20
- Mountain Climbers – 30 seconds
- Turkish Get Up – 1 on each side
If you are unfamiliar with any of the above workouts and want to learn them, there are a ton of videos on youtube!
The rest of my morning was hanging out with my 4 year old niece, Ryleigh. 🙂
Wouldn’t you love being woken up by this face? Haha, this picture is actually from like a year ago but it’s funny and made me laugh. & I’m sure you laughed too. You’re welcome. 😉
Today’s Lunch was puuurty darn delicious 🙂
Here’s the breakdown:Ready in 40 minutes • Makes 12 servings
3 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups powdered nonfat milk
4 scoops chocolate protein powder
1 cup sugar-free syrup (I actually forgot to put this one in!)
2 egg whites
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup apple sauce
I also added chia seeds and flax seeds!
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF.
2. Mix first 3 ingredients in a bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients and mix well (it should have the texture of cookie dough).
4. Spread on a cookie sheet, and bake until edges are browned, about 25 minutes.
5. Cut into 10 portions.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 190, Total Fats: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 10 mg, Sodium: 360 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 25 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 9 g, Protein: 17 g, Iron: 1 mg(www.oxygenmag.com/heather)